Monday, August 23, 2004

Marry Ericka

Grace asked me today if the personals on Craig's List were any good. I replied that their primary utility was in their humor value. Case in point, one of the personals was this one to find a groom for Erica. It redirects to a web page which gives the back story to how Erica got to her predicament. The underlying theories here seem to be either a) all men are pretty much the same, so just pick one and get it over with, or b) be careful what you agree to when you're drunk.

I think I'm leaning more towards option b). While there may be some truth that, on average, all men are the same, there are some nasty surprises off in the low percentages (see "Scott Peterson").

I think I'm going to have to follow up on this one and see if she actually got married, which apparently happened today.

No comments: