Thursday, August 26, 2004

Dumping my Virtual Girlfriend

Grace sent me this link about a service coming out in Hong Kong. With it you can send text messages to your "virtual girlfriend", and she replies by video mail. In order to keep her happy, you need to placate her with virtual gifts such as flowers and jewelry. Strangely, these virtual gifts cost real money.

I don't even know where to start on this one. My gut reflex this it that this is a product engineered by a woman -- your virtual girlfriend gets attention, flowers, jewelry, and whatnot, all paid for with your hard earned cash, and you get -- that's right -- NOTHING.

I don't think I'm going to sign up for this one. I can get nothing from my non-girlfriend right now, and I don't have to pay a cent. And she doesn't nag me if I forgot to buy her virtual flowers for valentine's day.

No comments: