Tuesday, October 19, 2004

Commuting

Last night, the heavens opened up and the rain fell down in a torrent. The south bay is now getting throroughly soaked. I woke up to this when my phone started ringing at 9AM, because Awais called me to ask if I was going to dial in to the 9AM meeting.

So I hop out of bed, take a quick shower, and zip off to work as fast as I can. See, there's a reason to have a 300hp, all-wheel-drive car. Because it might be raining outside and you need to get to work in a hurry. It could happen.

My last turn before work goes over a small overpass, and as I pull up to the light, the traffic has just gotten a green and is starting to move. So, naturally, I gas it through first around the corner, and the car nicely power-slides around the corner until I drop it into second and power out of it. Nothing terribly dramatic, just a little monday morning commute fun. Oh, and after that I had to dodge the downed tree.

As I pulled into my parking space, another Subaru pulled up behind me to compliment me on my commute driving. Apparently he wanted to do the same thing, but didn't have the right turn on the way to work.

Got to work at 9:35, in time to catch the tail end of the meeting. STi saves the day.

No comments: