Thursday, June 09, 2005

Interview with Eqbal Ahmed

Mark was on my case recently for not posting anything for the last two months or so, so I decided to throw up something news-worthy. As for other developments, much of what I'm doing I'm not ready to talk about yet, and when I am, it will be here.

I just read an inteview with Eqbal Ahmed about types and causes of terrorism. This came about after some discussion with a Pakistani friend of mine regarding causes of terrorism. This is a particularly personal topic for him, since he and his family are subject to an Unusual Degree of Scrutiny whenever they fly.

The other thing that's come up recently (more tech related) is that Apple announced that future Macs will have Intel processors in them. I was kind of dissapointed by this, not because I think it's a bad move for Apple, but because it means that once they've completed the switch, there will no longer be any competition for desktop processors. Intel and Intel-clones will control the entire desktop market, and I think it's a sad day when competition in any market dies.

No comments: